The Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) was launched on the 3rd March, 2022 by the Government of Canada. This investment, which will provide $4 billion over four years, will support up to 160,000 small-medium businesses in improving their business technologies. Financial assistance is offered in the form of a grant of up to $15,000 to cover up to 90% of the fees of an accredited digital advisor for the development of a digital plan, and a loan of the BDC between $25,000 and $100,000 without interest for the implementation of the digital adoption plan. In addition, companies will have the opportunity to obtain a wage subsidy of up to $7,300 for hiring interns or recent graduates to help them achieve their digital adoption goals.
• Raising awareness of the management committee of the organization about the risks due to the current situation and the opportunities generated by the digital shift
• Establish the amplitude of efforts and budget for your digital shift
• Define a clear, an easy to communicate roadmap on the different elements of the digital plan
• Identify the most critical skills sought in the IT department.
• Be incorporated federally or provincially, or be a sole proprietor residing in Canada
• Be a private, for-profit company
• Have between 1 and 499 full-time equivalent employees
• Have an annual income between $500,000 and $100,000,000, during one of the three previous fiscal years
The annual income provided by the business at the time of the grant application must be linked to its business number (BN). If each division of the parent company has its own BN, each of them will be considered as separate entities eligible for a grant if they meet all the criteria.
The first step for eligible businesses is to go to the official Government of Canada website and apply for an initial application and provide basic information. Then, an assessment of the digital needs of the SME will have to be completed by completing a self-assessment questionnaire. Once completed, you will have access to the CDAP Digital Advisor Pool and you can choose your Digital Advisor. You will find Eficio as one of the accredited advisors. Following the signing of the commercial agreement, the development of the digital plan will begin and must be submitted within six (6) months to obtain payment of the subsidy (within approximately 30 days).
See the program guide for more detailed program terms.
EFICIO was created from the desire to contribute to the success of SMEs in achieving their business objectives and overcoming their technological challenges. Eficio has been developing digital plans since its foundation more than 8 years. Our collaborators are all former vice-presidents of Information Technologies (CIO, CTO or CISO) from large companies who now provide expertise to SMEs. Their strategic interventions make it possible to carry out diagnostics and develop IT master plans and digital plans, and then to support leaders throughout their company’s digital transformation journey. EFICIO also contributes to improving the digital literacy of its customers as it will always be committed to protect them in their technological choices while remaining agnostic in its recommendations.
Join us now